The recent launch of the Epik Marketplace has generated a great deal of interest in registering domains with Epik. Why? Aside from offering a full-service customer-friendly registrar, domains that are registered at Epik are able to list in the Epik Marketplace and be visible to a fast-growing audience of predominantly end-users. There have been a number of questions on how to transfer domains into Epik. Namecheap, Godaddy, etc. are some of the main places from where users are transferring domains. It turns out that transferring domains from Namecheap into Epik is quite easy. Here are the steps for migrating a large number of domains from Name Cheap to Epik.
Whenever we want to transfer domains from one Registrar to Another Registrar, we need to satisfy the below 3 prerequisites :
- Domain to be transferred should Not be in 60 days lock.
- We need a Domain name and their respective Auth codes to initiate the transfer of domains from Leaving Registrar to Gaining Registrar <we will discuss how to get auth code for Namecheap domains in this article indetail>
- Domain should be unlocked first at your leaving registrar i.e. at NameCheap before you start domain transfer <we will learn how to get unlock the domain(s) at NameCheap in this article below>
In brief, it is 3 steps process as mentioned below. However, you can go through the detailed steps under the “Detailed Steps” section –
- At Namecheap.com, First, unlock all the domains that you wish to transfer.
- Once unlock is done, Get your Authcodes to your email.
- Then From the Epik.com site, Initiate the transfer of your domains to Epik with the help of Authcode of your domains,
Step1: First go to leaving registrar i.e. Namecheap.com and login to their site https://www.namecheap.com/
Step4: Now select the checkbox for all the domains which you wish to transfer out to Epik as shown in the below screenshot
Step6: User will be prompted with a “Transfer-out” popup where we need to select 1) Domain Lock: “Unlock all” and 2) select the checkbox “I want to receive auth code..” and click on “Save and Send Authcodes” button.
Please note down the respective domain name and its Auth code for each domain. Now you are done with the process from NameCheap side i.e. you have unlocked domains and also received Auth codes as well.
Step9: Now Go to the Epik site i.e. https://epik.com/ URL in another tab and click on the “SIGN IN/REGISTER” button available at the top right corner. The user will be navigated to the secure Epik SSO login page (Federated Identity page)
Step 10: Now enter your valid Epik username and password details and click on the “Login” button. Please note if you don’t have an Epik account, please create an account first by clicking on the “Register” button for free.
Step 16: Click on the ‘Continue‘ button and the user will be navigated to the final order summary page where the Epik system will suggest additional domains you wish to add to transfer to Epik.
Step18: On the Payment page, you can select the desired payment options like a Credit card, Bitcoin, Crypto, Alipay, etc., and complete the payment process. Now you are done with domain transfer initiation.
Step19: Generally transfer may take few hours to few days, To track the transfer status for all your incoming domains, Go to the Doman portfolio page and then click on “Transfers” -> “Get Transfer Status” and check your incoming domains current status under “Into EPIK” section as shown in below screenshots –