Epik Marketplace allows our customers to sell and buy domains. In this article, we’ll go over on how to add your domains for sale on our Marketplace.
The domains can be set on a Buy Now model, Consider Offers and/or Rental/Financing Plans (limitations apply – see Policy).
- The domain MUST be eligible to be transferred into Epik upon sale;
- The domain must reside in your account (if it’s an external domain, follow the Adding an External domain to Epik guide first).
- The commission is 9% for domains that are registered with Epik, and 10% for domains that are registered elsewhere;
- Buyers pay for the transfer fee;
- The sale should be honored by both parties. Shall the sale not be honored, Epik may choose to restrict the seller/buyer abilities to engage on our Marketplace;
- The funds are only released to the seller when the buyer is in possession of domain;
- Rental/Financing Plans are only available for domains registered with Epik.*
To list your domains on our Marketplace, follow the steps below:
- Select the domain, open the menu and click Place The Domain For Sale, Or Setup A Rental Or Purchase Plan on the Marketplace Tab.
- On the first page you may choose the Buy Now Price and if you’ll consider offers, as well as the minimum offer amount that you want to receive if you want to filter out low offers. When you’ve decided on a price, click the Next button. For domains registered with Epik, Rental and Financing payment plans are also available. We have a more detailed guide on these ones here: Selling and Leasing domains on Epik.
- On the second page, you’ll be able to choose the Marketing Content, which type of layout you’ll have on the landing page, and if you want the domain to be parked or not. Note that the system will only change the nameservers for domains registered with Epik, so you’ll need to change your domains Nameservers to NS3.EPIK.COM and NS4.EPIK.COM to enjoy the parking landing page. Click Submit Domains to proceed.
- And you’ve finished the setup. Click Done to complete the Marketplace Listing wizard.
Delivering the domain
The buyer pays for the transfer fee when a domain is sold through our Marketplace, however we still need you (the seller) to provide the appropriate authcode so that the domain can be transferred.
Once you’ve sold a domain in our Marketplace, you want to follow the next steps in order to complete the sale:
- Log into your Epik.com Account;
- Head over to the Domain Delivery page and click the Resolve button:
- A new screen will appear, where you have to enter the Auth Code and click Retry Transfer button:
- We’ll now attempt to start the transfer of the domain you sold, however you should keep an eye on the Domain Delivery page to make sure that it went through.