You create your WordPress credentials during one of the installation steps. The Admin Credentials give the user to the original user who has administrator rights over the website. They can be changed in one of three ways.
Reset WordPress Admin Password via /wp-login.php
- Navigate to https://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php.
- Click Lost your password?
- Input your username or email.
- Follow the password reset link email.
Change Credentials via Installatron Application Settings
- Login to your cPanel and click Applications.
- Click the name of your website, or the wrench icon to view/edit the options.
- Change the Administrator Username, Password, and/or Email.
- Click Save All.
Database Edit via phpMyAdmin
- Login to cPanel and click phpMyAdmin.
- In the left sidebar, locate your WordPress Database. Inside, click wp_users.
- You should see at least one result – your admin user. Click Edit.
- You may change the user_email and user_login without issue. To change the user_pass, make sure to replace the random strings of letters and numbers with your password, and choose the function MD5 to encrypt your password in the database.
- When done, click Go.