1. Open Apple Mail.
2. In the top left corner, under Mail, click Add Account.
3. On Choose a Mail Account Provider, check Other Mail Account, and click Continue.
4. Fill out the Name, Email Address, and Password, and click Sign In.
If it doesn’t work immediately, continue:
5. An error may appear, prompting you to input the account type and the mail servers. Fill this out and click Sign In again.
6. By default, Apple doesn’t set your email server settings as secure. For this, we’ll need to head to Mail, and hit Preferences.
7. Click Accounts, and head to Server Settings. Uncheck the Automatically Manage Connection Settings and input your email configuration details. When done, click Save.